Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Death and Taxes

"Change is inevitable. Change is constant." -Benjamin Disraeli

"In this world, nothing is certain but death and taxes." -Benjamin Franklin

"Some things never change - Hollywood plots, for example." -Benjamin Perry

Oh, okay, so maybe I'm not as well-known as Benjamin Disraeli or Benjamin Franklin, but I've got to be honest with you - forget Franklin and Disraeli - some things really never change! Like country "music", for example - it will never be worthy of being called music. Or Hollywood plots. I mean, seriously, Rocky 6?!? Indiana Jones 4?!? Oh, the humanity!

I was sitting in my office today looking out the window while I pondered how I was going to implement an agent communication protocol for disseminating subsets of large datasets across potentially different subnets when I suddenly saw a single blossom smoothly glide its way through the air. That single blossom was followed by a host of blossoms as the wind picked up. It was as if I was watching a light snow, but of blossoms. It was one of the most serene sights I've seen in a long time. That reminded me of seasonal changes, which reminded me of Ecclesiastes 3.

"To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven." (followed by a host of contrasting examples of things for which a time is appropriate.)

Spring is here, blossoms are blooming, critters are coming out of hiding, all of which are constant reminders of change. As sure as the seasons change, though, some things really do never change. God's love for us never changes. God's commands never change. God's promises never change. God's forgiveness is endless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home