Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A well-oiled machine

Women are a mystery to me. They do the strangest things sometimes, like overheat and spontaneously go into different gears. Did I say women? I meant cars, my bad. About the only thing I know about cars is that the oil needs to be changed every 3,000 miles or so. A friend of mine told me about a person who bought a brand new car and drove it for over forty thousand miles before the first oil change and the car never skipped a beat. But that's far from the norm. I can tell when I need to change the oil on my truck... it starts talking back when I try to shift to a differnt gear, and boy, you should hear the stuff that comes out of that truck's mouth!

Our relationship with God is a lot like a machine - it takes oil to run smoothly. The oil that I'm talking about is study and prayer. We should be reading, studying, praying, and focusing on God. One of the best ways to study is to read a daily devotion. I've been kind of slacking in that area.. okay, maybe slacking is an understatement. I've found that the more I read and the more I study, the more God is on my mind and the less likely I am to stumble. This has really helped me in my walk with God. Of course, there's the time issue - I mentioned earlier that my free time is about as common as a red and blue zebra. But this is something that absolutely needs to have time made for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home