Friday, March 24, 2006

Take a breather

They say that the passage of time is a function of age.. that is, the older you are, the faster time passes. I don't know who this all-knowing "they" is, but they're right. I gotta tell you - I'm kind of worried because I'm 29 and life is already on fast-forward! When I was a kid, Christmas Eve was an eternity. Okay, so maybe Christmas Eve is still an eternity now. But most other days today go by so fast that I'm doing good if I can tell you what day of the week it is. Wife, dog, church, work, school, piano students, practice, football/basketball, and so on take up all of my time and there's very little time to relax. And I don't even have kids! Time flies pretty fast when you're having fun, and I'm having a blast. I like to hoard my free time, though, and I think that's where I struggle a lot of times. I am afraid that I am not the only one with this struggle. We let ourselves become so busy that God sometimes becomes an after-thought in our "free" time.

I know this verse is taken a little out of context, but I really think it applies to me: Psalm 46:10 says, "Be still, and know that I am God [...]". I need to always keep God on my mind, even during my free time. I need to take a breather and focus more on God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home