Thursday, March 23, 2006

Jesus loves you. Now get out of my way!

I love aggressive drivers. They're really fun! Growing up in Kansas really mellowed me out in terms of driving mannerisms. Honestly, an aggressive driver in Kansas is considered as someone who doesn't wave back. But here in the east coast, aggressive drivers are so common that there are literally signs, and I am not joking at all here, that say "Beware of Aggressive Drivers!" Aggressive drivers are easy to spot. They give you the two-finger salute, they flash their lights as though there's a pregnant woman on board in the second stage of labor, they wave their hands in the air maniacally as if to say, "I am an aggressive driver! See? I'm waving my hands very enthusiastically!" Then there's my favorite - "let's get as close as we can to the person in front, then swerve to the other lane, barely escape the clutches of death, zoom up ahead, then swerve back in front - only to be stopped at a stoplight."

But nothing beats being passed by a very agressive driver who proudly wears an "I Heart Jesus" bumper sticker. I realize that we are all sinners and that we all make mistakes, but we should be striving at all times to live Christ-like. After all, We are Christians, aren't we? When we exhibit behavior that is contradictory to what we are proclaiming, we are doing much more than making ourselves look foolish. We are hardening the hearts of others because they see the hypocracy. Colossians 3:8 says " But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips."

This includes road rage!

The next time we decide to be an aggressive driver, we need to remember that we are to be Christ-like always, even when we're driving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home