Friday, June 16, 2006

A grave mistake...

One of my wife's friends had a birthday party the other day and I somehow got suckered in to going to this party. Now don't get me wrong here - I like Jessica's friend and I would have gone regardless. But still, I ended up going even though I'm not much of a party goer. I'm not really that much of a social butterfly. I would put me somewhere closer to a social rolley-polley. So when the group of girls started talking about pregnancy, bad husbands, and some combination of the two, I decided that now was a good time to wander around.

At first, I looked at the pictures and other stuff that was hanging on the wall. That kept my attention for about 27 seconds. Then I saw something on the TV that looked somewhat interesting. I headed over to this really cool container and wondered what was inside. So, being the curious fool I am, I opened the container. What I saw was something straight out of a comedy.

Ashes. That's right, I had opened up a box of Uncle Fred's ashes. I think I might have even inhaled some of Uncle Fred. Having been duly mortified, I quickly put the lid back on and inconspicuously walked around, hoping that nobody had seen my atrocious faux pas. Either everyone was too embarassed to actually say anything, or I might have gotten away with it. I'd rather not know one way or the other.

So I'd like to ask: who in the world keeps the ashes of their beloved ones ON TOP OF A TV? Little kids might knock it down, some cat might knock it down, some stupid moron might actually mistake the container as something cool and peer inside... anything is possible. I mean, it's one thing if Uncle Fred just can't get enough reruns of the Adams' Family, but I suspect something else is going on here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you know it was Uncle Fred? It could have been Fluffy or Fido.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home